Monday, November 9, 2015

Whole Day Pig-Out at Balay Indang (Indang, Cavite)

Whenever I go on a vacation, I always make sure that I get the value of my hard earned money since I only get to do some R&R after slaving myself to work for months. It’s nice to go in a place where you can relax and unwind and at the same time experience new things and worry nothing about where or what to eat. Good thing there is a B&B near our home that has everything I was looking for – Balay Indang. You may check my previous blog (click here) to know more about this place because this page is dedicated to all the sumptuous, delish, mouthwatering, plush, healthy, and hefty meals we had at Balay Indang. WARNING: Make sure you have full stomach before scrolling down because it is going to make you hungry. Go ahead, grab some food or better yet get a towel to wipe the drool off your mouth. JJJ

We arrived at Balay Indang around 9:30am and we were served with morning snack as soon as we settled our things in our room. 

Morning Snack


Buko Bibingka – it’s buko pie cooked in bibingka style. This is the first time I’ve tried this and it was so good. The pie, I mean the bibingka, ay ewan basta it’s soft, is not too sweet, the grated cheese and desiccated coconut on top compliments the dish and it goes really well with salty potato chips (I think the potato chips was store bought) and cold Coke.
Salty Potato Chips - perfect partner for their Buko Bibingka.



Scroll down if you want to see more.

Lunch
Fresh Vegetable Salad - leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, julienne cut carrots and turnip (singkamas), corn kernel, cucumber, diced peaches, and hard boiled eggs served with ranch dressing

Fresh Dalandan Juice - very refreshing and it goes really well with everything we had during lunch.

Shrimp Kebab - This dish is very refreshing. It has sweet sauce with slices of ripe mango that compliments the marinate of the shrimp.

Seafood Omelet - it has onion leaks, crab meat, and (I think) grated carrots. I couldn't remember the exact ingredients but we all enjoyed this and had two servings of this dish.

Tuna Wasabi - it has a hint of gata (coconut milk) with a kick. The tuna was well cooked.

Stuffed Chicken - tastes like roasted chicken stuffed with ground pork.

Grilled Liempo with Ginger Dipping Sauce - The liempo was also okay. I didn't try the dip since I don't like the taste of ginger.

Corn Butter Rice - steamed rice with corn kernel, a perfect combination.

Minatamis na Saging (Caramelized Plantain) - I love minatamis na saging. I always request this from my mom whenever I'm craving for something sweet. The saba (plantain) was chewy, sweetened perfectly with a hint of vanilla extract, and it has the right ripeness.

Wait, that's not all...

Afternoon Snack

Pansit Puti - the sotanghon was a bit overcooked but this dish was well-seasoned. It has chicken fillet, mushroom and mixed vegetables.


Toasted Bread - coated with butter with a hint of garlic powder, and dried (I think) basil. For drinks, the choices are softdrinks or red iced tea. We had iced tea.

Caution: The next images will definitely make you crave for more.

Dinner

Fresh Vegetable Salad with vinaigrette dressing


Chicken Soup


Red Iced Tea. The blue checkered water pitcher is sooo cutie. I like to bring it home. :)


Broccoli with Fish Fillet and Mashroom


Atsuete (Annatto) Rice


Cereal Prawns Balls - it's crispy outside and soft inside that tastes both salty and sweet.


Meat Loaf


Honey Baby Back Ribs - tender meat, marinated to perfection, and has bit piquant tastes.


Baked Salmon - who wouldn't drool with that salmon perfectly baked with melted cheese on top. WHO?!


Graham Balls with Desiccated Coconut


We bought this Goldilocks Chocolate Cake (my favorite).
How do you feel so far? Starving? Famished? J

Breakfast

Ensaladang Pipino (Cucumber Vinegar Salad)


Kaya Toast - toasted bread with butter and coco jam.


Hot Native (Tablea) Chocolate Drink


My coffee :)


Garlic Chicken Adobo


Garlic Rice


Gourmet Tuyo - this is suuppper sarap. The saltiness is perfect, not spicy at all (don't like spicy food), and it ask for MORE rice.


Ginisang Ampalaya (Sauted Bitter Gourd) - I like this too. There is no any hint of bitterness. Those who don't eat ampalaya will love this I'm sure and might ask for refill. It's that good!


Sunny-side up eggs



Fresh Pineapple
Health buff or not I’m sure you slavered on those pictures. If you want to experience Balay Indang, make a reservation now and call them at 0917-837-4261 / 0917-866-5825 / 775-6886. It is located at 88 Mahabang Kahoy Cerca, Indang, Cavite.

Let me give you a quick tour around the main dining area of Balay Indang. To read about our staycation experience at Balay Indang - click here.










No plates are the same. Aside from the food, this is also one of the things I am looking forward to every meal time.

Reception Area


No comments:

Post a Comment