Thursday, October 15, 2015

Cafe Avenue (Imus, Cavite)

We were supposed to visit SeboPacific again last weekend but unfortunately, they were closed. I’ve checked their FB account last October 12 and found out that they are temporarily closed as they prepare for their new menu. Hmmm… interesting! I thought they are closing for good because I heard from one of my agents that SeboPacific is getting complaints from their neighbors because of the problem with parking. Good thing they made an announcement that they will be re-opening after a week. Now, I can’t wait until next week to  try what they’ve been cooking. Check out here my first time to experience their food.

Since our plan to have dinner at  SeboPacific was unsuccessful, we opted to try this newly opened coffee shop called CAFÉ AVENUE along Aguinaldo Highway. The place looks really chic from the outside and most of their customers are students, families, and young couples. We thought why not give it a try since we are in a mission to find local food businesses like this and promote it to our friends in hope to have a place like Aguirre St. in Paranaque or Maginhawa St. and Teachers Village in QC. So, off we go!


The place looks very enticing with its lighting and interior design but upon entering, you will immediately notice that moving around would be a challenge because the area is narrow.




They have board games that you can borrow while waiting for your order or while chilling with your friends and family.


Service water in a large mason jar.
My husband and I played snake and ladder and trip to holy land. I let him win on both games. (wink)


Their menu includes appetizers (nachos – this is all I can remember), Pinoy all-time favorite breakfast (like tapsilog – prices ranging from 89 to 109 pesos), pasta dishes (carbonara, spaghetti, pesto, etc.), sandwiches (burgers with fries, clubhouse) and beverages such as frappe, soft drinks, and fruit shakes. I’m not a fan of coffee based drinks and I didn’t like their fruit shake selection so I just chose to have water. My husband had Purple Berry Cooler. Since my mind was set to have sizzling pork chop at SeboPacific nothing from their menu was appealing to me. After almost 15 minutes of flipping and reading their menu, we both decided to have garlic parmesan pork chop.

It’s a self-service coffee shop so you have to approach the cashier to place your order then wait for your name to be called to pick up the food at the “claim” counter, although, they served hubby’s drink on our table maybe because I missed my name when they called me since I was busy playing trip to holy land with him. Our order came after waiting for nearly 20 minutes. I was really hungry because it was already past 9pm. By the way, they are open 24 hours daily. Remember, I said I was suuuper hungry because it was already late night and we haven’t eat yet? Well, I lost half of my appetite after seeing my plate.
Needs improvement on plating. This just looks sad.
The Food 

Garlic Parmesan Pork Chop (109 pesos) 
Petite. That’s all I can say about this dish, thank you. Hahaha. Seriously, this is a bit pricey for 109 pesos if you will ask me. I mean, I can buy Chinese-style pork chop from Chowking for 100 pesos and it already includes regular drink, add 10 pesos and you’ll have additional wanton soup. If you are trying to cut your rice intake this will be perfect for you because the rice seems like a half cup only. The pork chop was thinly sliced, generously coated with garlic flavored breading and served with (seemingly ready-made) salty gravy.
A closer look
The Drink

(Italian Soda) Purple Berry Cooler (65 pesos)
Tiny. It’s true! The serving size is small. It was too sweet for me and has a hint of mint flavor.  I didn’t like it and hubby said it tasted as if it had too much syrup.
If I’m not mistaken, this coffee shop just opened either late August or early September. Obviously, they still have a lot of opportunities to address. The place is nice, cozy, and perfect for selfies which is very enthralling to most students and customers. But of course, aside from great ambiance, consumers are also looking forward to good food to complete good experience with the place. Will I ever come back? Of course! If they will listen to the feedback of their customers and improve their menu, I’m sure they’ll have more punters in no time.



Millenium Commercial Center

Aguinaldo Highway, Brgy. Palico 3,
Imus, Cavite, Philippines
Contact number: +63998-563-6924


3 comments:

  1. mama san banda ito? Malapit ba sa LTO...may napansin ka bang high chair? hihi! muah! - Ekai =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup malapit sa LTO. katapat ng Mini Stop dun sa may MCI. kapag galling ng SM Bacoor nasa right side sya pagkalagpas lang ng yellow cub.

      Delete
    2. di ko lang napansin kung may high chair. :(

      Delete