Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My version of Pesto Recipe

Ever since I saw on YouTube how to make pesto I've always wanted to recreate it in my kitchen. The ingredients are few and the procedure is easy to follow. I've tried doing it by chopping the basil using knife but it requires a major elbow grease. Maybe that's why chefs prefer to make it using food processor. Thank you to my husband's generosity because now, I can make pesto and other recipes that would require serious grinding and mincing using my very own food processor.
I cooked some wheat penne pasta and add pan fried chicken breast which I marinated in Pink Himalayan salt, ground pepper and dried basil for 4 hours and voilĂ  - dinner is served!

I wanted to give it a try as soon as I opened my gift so I made pesto sauce. You just need basil leaves, garlic cloves, toasted peanuts (pine nuts and sunflower nuts will also do), olive oil, parmesan cheese (fresh grated parmiggiano reggiano would be better but this is a bit expensive for us),  salt and pepper to taste. You can also add a teaspoon of lemon zest and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
This is 1 1/2 cup of basil leaves.

I just used 2 tbsp. of peanuts.

2 cloves of garlic

About 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of olive oil

Add salt and pepper according to your tastes.

The machine that makes this recipe soooo much easy. Thank you to my sponsor. :)
Let’s begin!

In a food processor add all the ingredients - basil leaves, garlic, nuts, salt and pepper, except olive oil. Grind everything as you slowly add the olive oil. Once everything is combined, transfer it to a bowl and add in the parmesan cheese. And you are DONE! That's all you need to do. Told you it was easy. You may use this for your pasta dish, dip for your bread, marinate chicken and other recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment