Tuesday, July 21, 2015

#fortheREZofMAYlife: DIY Wedding Cord


I decided to make our own wedding cord because first, I can design it according to my preference. Second, it is cheaper compared if I ordered it from a craft store and lastly, I have plenty of time to learn how to make one.

The first thing I did is to ask my husband (my boyfriend then) to accompany me to Quiapo. I bought my supplies in Wellmanson and DYI Beads in front of Quiapo church. I only had a couple of hours each day before going to bed and so it took me three days before I finish my "obra".


milagros
I bought red and white rice beads, pins, rings, spacers and baubles of my choice (crucifix, brooch and our initials)


Here's my first attempt to arrange a pattern.

Our motif is red but since it is already a perceptible color, I decided to have more white beads in my pattern.

I've watched a few YouTube videos to learn how to unlock and lock this ring.


Here's the final outcome of my #fortheREZofMAYlife wedding cord. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice dear and I am grateful that you shared it here. I will definitely try making it for my friend who is getting married at San Francisco venues. I am sure she will love it as she really likes customized gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice wedding gift idea. Anything that is made with so much labor of love is special!

      Delete